Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nepal pics

Over the weekend of the 4th, Bart was able to get some time off to take and longer vacation/weekend getaway to Nepal!  Seriously, Nepal.  Who goes there?  He stayed in Kathmandu and got to spend about 4+ days there just walking around and taking in the sites.  These are some of his favorite pics he took.
a Tibetan Buddhist monk
(I absolutely love all the vibrant red and orange they wear.  I think it is so beautiful.)

a holy man

Boudhanath Stupa

a watering hole

teeth for sale...

a view of the city

Prayer flags around the Stupa

This cloudy day prevented Bart from going out at dawn to possibly see Everest, but instead he got to do more exploring in such an interesting and old city.  Not a loss at all.

These are seriously just a few of the unbelievably beautiful pics he took while he was there. (I think he said he took upwards of 500!)  I wish I could have been there with him.  It was probably a very spiritual experience being in such a reverent city with thousands of pilgrims and humble men dedicating their lives to peace and their gods.  I have a huge respect for that and wish I could have been there to see it all.  Kind of makes me want to watch Seven Years in Tibet again.

2 comments:

Kim said...

such artistic photos!! what an adventure!!

Miss Mary said...

Wow, I LOVE these. What a great experience for him! So glad he got to go and see all this beauty! And I agree--I would think Nepal would have a very spiritual vibe to it too.