I am 32 and a half weeks. Only about 8 more to go until baby girl gets here!! Here are some of the ultrasound pics we got last week - not great, but something to go off of!
That weird thing that's covering her face and looks kind of like a liver is the placenta. She was totally 'kissing' it the entire time so we couldn't get a very good 4d shot of her face. From what we can tell, she looks like Isla did as a fetus.
So, I haven't given an update on my latest pregnancy news yet. I talked to my doctor a few weeks back and I had a little eye-opening discussion with her about my upcoming vbac. When I had Isla, I knew that I had fainted and we had lost her vitals and she was crashing so I had a c-section. I really didn't know if she had crashed because I fainted or the other way around, it was all kind of a mystery. We also knew that the cord was wrapped around her neck and body 5 times, which was also probably why I hadn't dilated at all. Anyway, I had been worried that if I fainted with this labor, that it would mean an automatic c-section, but when I talked to my doctor a few weeks ago, she assured me that the fainting had nothing to do with my first c-section and shouldn't be a reason to repeat that again. Phew!! She then proceeded to tell me that the reason they were so worried about Isla crashing was because of placental abruption, or the placenta prematurely ripping from my uterus causing lots of bleeding and other very serious complications. Apparently there was blood in my placenta and some tearing had taken place with Isla! SCARY!! So, in fact, I probably fainted due to the trauma of that as opposed to my low pain threshold. (YAY! I'm not a wimp!) So, there you have it. Good news that it wasn't fainting that caused my c-section which means a VBAC is totally a legitimate and real option for me. Bad news that I could have died from placental abruption had I not been in the hospital when it all went down. Thank Heaven for modern medicine and for Bart and I feeling like we needed to be at the hospital when we did. Geez what a crazy situation.
Anywayzzz....moral of the story, birth plan is just to make it to 6 centimeters (preferably without fainting, although it wouldn't be the end of the world apparently) and then epidural. (Apparently, they like doing them with VBACs so that if for some reason you do have to go into a c-section, you are already numb and you don't have to go down with general anesthesia.) I say, sounds like a plan. Let's do this without any complications, okay? Please? I think I deserve a normal labor this time.

3 comments:
we are so excited for her debut!! hugs and prayers for an easy delivery!!
Yay! We're excited too! Hopefully things run smoothly!
I totally understand when she says that she looks like Isla as a fetus. We could tell with our twin that twin B looked lots like Stephen did, and we were right. You really can tell a lot! So excited to see your little one!! :) LOVe this blog!!
Post a Comment