Friday, July 08, 2011

6 months along

Today I am six months along. I can't believe how time passes so quickly. I mean I'm almost in my 3rd trimester already. That is so weird to me. A close friend just had her baby girl and it makes me so happy and anxious for my own to come. I miss the little baby stage. They are so small and precious and completely dependent on you. I know that there's going to be a lot of crying, a lot of sleepless nights, but for some reason I just can't wait.

I'm doing a lot of waiting this summer. At least it feels like I am. Waiting for a baby. Waiting for my sister's wedding. Waiting for Harry Potter to come out. Waiting for my next project. Waiting for the next trip. It's hard to ignore the future and all the fun things I'm waiting for and just have fun in the now. Summer is the best time and I'm loving it, I just wish I could get rid of that nagging feeling inside reminding me of the 'wait'.

Does anyone else have trouble putting off the 'wait'?

2 comments:

Terri Frandsen said...

I do! First and foremost I am waiting for Spencer to finish school. Waiting for my turn to have a precious baby. Waiting for the finances to be able to go to Hawaii for the first time. Waiting for my job to be easy. Haha sorry for the spill but it really can be hard! You are right, we should be enjoying our time now because soon the wait will be over. We would spend our whole lives waiting if we could because there will always be something to look forward to!

Miss Mary said...

I love this post and can totally relate. I am not the best waiter. I am very impatient! Waiting for lots of things these days! You have so many fun things coming up so soon for you. So excited for your new baby girl :)