Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourth Fun

Of course we spent the fourth in Huntsville this year!! We are enjoying our Utah summer start to finish this year, especially me since it's the first full UT summer I've had not working in years. Last year we were only around for like a month and a half of it and bart was there for less than that. So we've been having a blast taking turns hanging out at our place and my parents' place. The 4th was great, as always. The weekend was relaxing and fun with lots of pool and lake time. Rachel and Todd's friends came to play for the 4th too, which made it an official party. ;)

In the morning there was the 5K/10K (which I didn't participate in this year being 6 months prego and all), the pancake breakfast, and the parade. Isla and I got to drive in the Nash with my dad in the parade throwing candy to the crowd. It was a first for me and it was such a fun way to see everything, from inside the parade itself! Isla had fun 'throwing' candy (dumping it out the window right by the car tires) until she figured out how to open a lollipop and got thoroughly distracted.

Forgive my arm - I swear it was the placement on the edge of the car making it look bigger - I swear!!!

Best part is we were at the beginning of the parade, so once we finished, we walked back to our group and watched the rest of it with the fam.


Notice the 'torteetoh' (or torpedo) that Isla is clinging to - yah, she never let go the entire weekend.


Isla in 4th garb all weekend! I couldn't resist.


4th inspired Oreo Pops. I guess they've become a specialty of mine since I make them every chance I get!!


Getting ready for fireworks at the park. Always a good time.


Love being patriotic. Love being American.

No comments: