Monday, February 28, 2011

Treehouse & the Cousins

This weekend we got to spend time with my sister Laurel and her family. It was so much fun to see them all and hang out since it had been a long time since we'd seen them last. Isla had more fun than I think she's ever had in those three short days hanging out with her cousins. She didn't nap once on Sunday and I had to drive laps around the lake on Saturday just to get her to nap at all. Avery and Ashton were the best cousins and were so great to entertain Isla and play so well with her.



On Saturday we went to the coolest children's museum/playhouse I've literally ever seen or even heard of. It's called The Treehouse and is right next to the Ogden Temple. I knew to expect good things because Laurel had raved about it, but seriously, I did not expect a place so amazing. I mean, I hate that it is all the way up in Ogden. WHY can't we have one closer, I would seriously be there everyday playing with Isla.

Okay, so this place has everything. Here's just a list of some of the 'rooms'.
  • a huge treehouse 2 stories high that slightly resembles the Tarzan tree at Disneyland, just smaller.
  • A doctors area with models of bodies (like in our science classes where the pieces come out), a baby nursery with dolls and blankets, skeleton puzzles, microscope, etc.
  • Days of the Knights section with a play theatre, huge chess board, thrones, etc.
  • Music room
  • Wild west section with bulls and horses to ride and a cow you can actually 'milk'!
  • Around the world section with little rooms representing countries all over the world
  • floor maps
  • dinosaur sections
  • the Oval office
  • art rooms
  • firetruck
And so much more. Oh, and pretty much every single section has it's own dress up clothes to match, it's own fake food or toys that go along with the theme, and some kind of older kid activity/art project. No lie, I was in shock and awe the entire time.

Anyway, it was unreal and I'm seriously getting a seasons pass because it is so worth making the trip up there as much as possible. Thank La for introducing us and we'll miss you now that you're going back to NYC!

1 comment:

Rachel U said...

how fun is that??! i should have come. i feel like i would have loved it! haha!