So last night I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep and all I could think about were the most random memories from highschool and how happy they made me. Do you ever go through the day and then all the sudden a random thought pops into your head of something you haven't thought about in years? Perhaps never thought about? I love it when that happens.
1. Grabbing Sophie's butt mid-song, mid-performance, mid-concert, and trying not to bust up laughing. Oh and the song was Sakura, a japanese song meaning I don't know what, but sometimes I hear the melody on tv and in sushi restaurants. It always brings me back.
2. Driving with the top down in Allie's car while ditching school to see a movie and seeing a bus full of seniors on the way to their senior-cut day activity. (and feeling really cool)
3. Getting the biggest pinkest roses I've literally ever gotten for my birthday from a high school boyfriend junior year. (Sorry, Bart, it's true. They were probably $150 bucks, I've never seen such amazing roses before or after that.)
4. Listening to Dan Chang sing a Moulin Rouge song in the hotel shower on a road trip to southern california. (More like catching him in the act.) Hilarious and totally PG, don't worry! I know you were...
5. Eating fish and chips with Kathleen and Katie in Sydney and complaining how we had to pay an extra 25 cents for 'tomato sauce'.
6. Drawing school publicity signs with Krista on her drive-way when she re-parked her dad's car and... ;)
7. Practicing for Lisette's quinceanera in her drive way over the summer.
8. School dances in the old theatre with the stadium seating before they renovated. For that matter, choir practice in the old choir room with stadium seating before they renovated.
9. Playing truth or dare at Emily Coon's house. Parties at her house. Wow. Mormon parties rock.
10. Coolwater cologne. Haha. Oh boys.
Anyway, I'm sure 95% of you didn't understand 95% of that, but I did. 100%. And it is awesome.
7 comments:
Meems, I am right back there with you now! Haha, I am laughing about each and every one of these things you wrote. The dances in the old theater! Driving in Allie's car! Your roses! I totally remember that. And Cool Water. Omg, yes, Cool Water. My cab driver was wearing it the other day, and I resisted all urge to tell him that I knew exactly what he was wearing. haha
Some of my favorite memories are of ice blocking, tp-ing, and all the awesome late night trips we made to Half Moon Bay. And Hawaii! Aww, I will always be so happy thinking about that trip. We had so much fun back in the day!
I love this! It's so fun to reminisce, there are so many good memories. Although I have no memory of Dan singing in the hotel shower I have a perfect memory of Dan and Justin in bed together, lol! I also have memories of listening to Harry Potter in the car, that was an awesome road trip!
I always loved having everyone over. Mormon parties really do rock!
What's that about skipping school? haha
I remember you dancing the tango and the can can.
And all of your nice friends.
And how your spanish teacher didn't like you because Laurel used to cut his class.
Ahh Meems! Australia was so amazing, wasn't it? Now I am back in this Land Down Under and voluntarily paying extra for my tomato sauce lol! Omg do you remember those amazing bacon and avocado sandwhiches too? I think I ate one almost everyday of that trip haha. Miss you friend!
Hahaha "sakura".... Grab. Love it! And practicing in the driveway... High school was so fun! Love this post meems.
Ahhh, we were such cool kids for ditching school! I think we did that once or twice, no? And of all our friends, we did?! I know we saw Pearl Harbor one time (Maintee prices!) and the entire senior class saw us at Crow Canyon exit in my car. I could go back to that day. I have a vivid memory of you hiding in the bushes by Oak Hill. Ha. Good times. Sorry Mr. & Mrs. Holt :)
Amazing memories. Oddly I remember the butt pinching in choir but not whatever I did to my dads car! I must have blocked it out :) Such awesome random memories. If only I could remember... well anything :)
Post a Comment