Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful

This past week has been fabulous. We went down to Bart's grandma's house to spend Thanksgiving with all the family. It was the first time that everyone (I mean everyone!) was together since his grandpa died. We rode motorcycles (four-wheelers for me!) and went shooting, watched Harry Potter (a must see), ate A LOT of food, and hung out around the house. Isla loved seeing her 1st cousins once removed (she's the only great-grandchild) ((and I totally had to look that relationship up)) and playing with the doggy, Tucker.

Of course we only took a few pictures the whole week, and only when we were shooting. Of course.

Me shooting an AR15! It was so powerful but really awesome. I even got to shoot it laying down, I felt like I was a sniper in Call of Duty. Wow, I'm such a nerd. A darn good shot, but a nerd still.

Summer came to shoot with us, having never shot a gun before and it was so fun! She was pretty good for a first timer! The funnest thing, I thought, was when Chris and I got into a sort of shotgun competition where we'd go after the same clay pidgeon and see who'd get it first. He was quicker on the draw than I was, but I was possibly more accurate and shot left and right handed, not to mention I'm almost half his age. ;) It was so fun, but Bart creamed me and I didn't even try against his dad, who can shoot from the hip!

There's a distinct possibility that I've lived in Utah too long...

I'm so thankful for my family. I love both sides so much and I am so grateful for the love and support they give Bart and I everyday. I hate that you have to split the holidays once you get married, because you always have to miss the side you aren't visiting. I'm grateful for the gospel and the church in our lives, especially for our ward. They are all such wonderful people. I'm grateful for my friends, even if I don't get to see them very often. They are all such strengthening influences in our lives. I'm grateful for Isla, and the sweet happy baby that she is. We couldn't have asked for a better baby girl and have loved that year+ that she's been in our family.

Love to all and can't wait to celebrate Christmas this upcoming month!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel U said...

this looks so fun! love that you got your thanksgiving shooting tradish in.