Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A great day

I couldn't have asked for a better day for my b-day. Okay, well the weather could have been nicer, but all things considered, it was totally perfect. Isla normally is a nightmare just on the important days, but it's like yesterday she was so sweet as her gift to me. We woke up at a decent hour, considering the daylight savings time-shift, and after feeding her, cuddled on the couch for a while watch that Great Migration show. She never cuddles unless she's really tired, so it was super sweet to just chill on the couch under a blanket with her and watch TV. She actually napped for both naps on time, for the full time, so I was able to tidy the house, do dishes and laundry, and shower and get ready for the day. I felt so efficient! I even got a 45 min nap in! Oh, it was one of those perfect like clockwork days. And we didn't even leave the house 'cause it was raining.

Dinner was spectacular. Cheesecake factory always is. The food was fab and the company was even better. My sister even came despite her newly broken ankle and crutches. What a trooper. And of course, Isla amazed all of us with how well she behaved, despite being way past bedtime. She just got all loopy and silly, it kept us entertained for the last part of the meal.

Bart messed her hair up and she thought it was hilarious. I mean, could she be any sillier? What a stinkin' cutie.





What a great night. Thanks all for your birthday wishes too. I felt loved. Thanks.

2 comments:

Rachel U said...

that first picture KILLS me. hahaha she was being SO silllyyyy!!!

Dallas and Krista said...

awwwww MAN! I suck at birthdays. Know that I love you and if I had a memory I would always do something special for you instead of forgetting :) Loves to you Meems. (PS I dig the messy hair- brings out her beautiful eyes!!!)