Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Isla's Blessing.. Oh, and my Birthday too.

Somehow it just worked out that the week we needed to bless Isla, happened to fall on my birthday this year. So we decided to make an event of it up at my house with family. Many of both our relatives made it up to Huntsville to celebrate with us and we had a ton of fun mingling and eating yummy smoked meat from my dad's new smoker. (my birthday request - I just love it!)



I found the dress on Etsy and it makes me so happy because it looks just like my wedding dress (minus the two bows).




And thanks to Bart's aunts Joce and Deanna for coming up all the way from CA!

9 comments:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

LOVE the dress. Isla is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Aww congratulations! And I loved your wedding dress--I'm a big fan of the half sleeve myself. Isla's dress is perfect!

Miss Mary said...

So great Meems, and happy late birthday!!

Allison said...

Oh it does look just like you wedding dress! Ahhh, you looked so pretty and now so does Isla! Happy Birthday again lady! xoxo

Sophia said...

Meriel you look So good! i just love her dress so beautiful and it mirrors your wedding dress exactly!

Kim said...

lovely family...blessed day!!

laurel said...

Oh I wanna cry that I missed it! How cute is she! That bracelet? To die for!

I love the huge family picture - it's great. And you & Bart & Isla. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

my 'almost' 4 yr old Cora is blog hopping with me and when she saw your wedding pic she goes "MOM! go back to the pretty one! how cute to match! so sweet congrats! she is a beauty, and what a sweet name...

cait said...

I LOVE that picture of you looking at her...it is so so sweet. you look so happy & beautiful. olivia and i can't wait to meet isla when we come in a few weeks!