Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Distractions

So, it's definitely fall. I can tell by the fact that it's darker now when I wake up, my feet are cold in the morning on the way from my car into my work building, it's getting dark at like 8 which sucks, and apparently the college kids are going back to school again... Oh, and don't forget the fact that on the 1st day of September we got snow in the mountains. Yah. How much do I hate this state and it's 2 month long summer? a lot.

Anyway, in an effort to distract myself from recent events and the fact that the depressing winter is just around the corner, I thought I would write down a list of the fun things I would get myself to do over the next 3 1/2 months. It may not sound like it, but fall is actually one of my favorite seasons. It's just last winter left a big dent in my brain and I still have a hard time forgetting it.

In sort-of chronological order... (yes, I'm a dork.)

Fabulous Fall TV line up (Fringe, CSI Miami and NYC, House, the office, Greys, Gossip Girl, ANTM, Project Runway... oh I love DVR)
Putting out fall decorations!
General Conference
Pumpkin picking at the Big Red Barn
Hopefully getting some answers about why the heck we can't get and stay pregnant!
Recruiting at BYU
Dad's 50th B-day!
Corn maze - I have yet to do it, but now that I live so close to Thanksgiving Point, why not?
Halloween (Party- Rachel?)
My 25th birthday!
The Election - you know I won't be able to sleep that night.
Thanksgiving time
Thanksgiving in Hawaii!!!!! Oh, Roys!
Christmas Season - shopping for presents, making Christmas crafts, putting out decorations
Christmas in Southern California - can't wait for that 75 degree weather!

I couldn't help but get excited about Halloween a little early too, so I did a craft I've wanted to do for a while now. Glitter pumpkins and letters! So fun. I officially love glittering, and if you spray a clear varnish over them, the glitter doesn't come off.. too much. I have to do some touch ups on the stems, but aren't they sooo cute? You've got to love the gorgeous Martha Stewart glitter and fake pumpkins.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Those pumpkins are so cool. Gotta give it to Martha for those clever ideas. Kudos to you for getting to it early!!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I love the glitter letters. I might need some advice on that one! I am so excited about the fall lineup and the fact that we have 4 tuners with the DVR so I won't miss anything. How pathetic is that! Anytime you guys want to go to Thanksgiving Point let us know.

The Evers said...

BEAUTIFUL! You clever little thing you, I might need to copy you :)

The Evers said...

Sorry to leave a second comment, but I need you and am not sure how else to get in touch! We found out we are having a girl and I was wondering if you were still in the business of making your darling onesies? Will you email me? I was not lying when i said these were my FAVS! If you are selling them on etsy or something I will get some there. Thanks Mer!
kellygraceevers@gmail.com

Lance and Becky said...

Those pumpkins are awesome! You are such a creative little thang! Love um!

Cathy said...

Awesome pumpkins! I love it! We watched Fringe this week. It was a trip. We'll be watching for sure.

Brittany Simmons said...

love it! love fall! love you! hope you're doing well- we need to chat soon!