Sunday, July 06, 2008

3 day weekend, 4th of July, and 5 'kids' playing hard!

Wow! What a weekend! Bart and I went up to H-ville with our friends, Bryan and Dawn. As hard working adults, we wanted to play really hard non-stop to get all our summer fun packed into one weekend, so here's a list of what we did. (You may notice we also bought a new camera too! Courtesy of the coolpix, I can finally post real pictures again!)
1. Went on a twilight bike ride around the town.

2. Went jet skiing everyday for many hours. We loved playing with Price!
3. Got baked in the sun! Thank goodness for after sun lotion!
4. Went tubing and wake-skating.

5. Swam in the pool. Love the new salt water system, it's soooo much better than chlorine.
6. Ran the Huntsville 5K!!! Yay for me. I lowered my overall minutes per mile and didn't walk!
7. Had a yummy pancake breakfast in the park!
8. Watched the parade, sooo fun!



9. Watched a ton of movies while recovering from our water adventures.
10. Had 2 burger parties at the house, and went to the Shootin' Star for burgers on Saturday. (That's more burgers than I've had in a very long time. I think it's time for a break!)
11. Went to the park for fireworks. I love it. I especially loved my Dad and Bart teasing everyone, especially Price, with the megaphone he bought. So funny!


12. Went to church on Sunday with the Fam.
13. Had yummy pork chili verde tacos/salads/burritos. It's inspired me to put a little more effort into my weekly meals again.
14. Relaxed around the house on Sunday, while we fully participated in the Day of Rest. ;)

A special thanks to my Mom and Dad for getting the jet ski's, letting us play on them for hours!!! And to my mom for spending the majority of the weekend playing hostess! She's amazing.

8 comments:

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome 4th of July!! I'm glad you guys could have fun and relax. Don't you just love 3 day weekends!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing weekeing. You look beautiful as always!

Anonymous said...

I meant "weekend," not "weekeing" ... I don't know what's wrong with me today!

Cathy said...

What a great weekend!! You did a ton of stuff!! Fun! Way to go on the 5k. Happy 4th of July

Rachel U said...

why did dad buy a megaphone? i am already laughing and i have no idea what they did haha! its prob so funny tho. wish i could have been there! love 4th's in huntsville! did the firetrucks wake everyone up in the morning??? thats my favorite paart!!

Moranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moranda said...

You guys are so fun. When are you coming to hang out in OC w/us? hm? We were at Derek's birthday a few weeks ago at lost winds and I said to Clark while we played in the waves, "THis occasion would have been complete if Bart and Meems were here." Seriously- call me when you come down, we miss you!

Sophia said...

Hey meems!! yeah we totally need to get together. I am in San jose untill august though. We will for sure when we get back, everytime I see you I wonder why we don't hang out more!