Saturday, November 02, 2013

this is halloween...

So we have had another big week of halloween here, just like last year!  We had the Truck-or-Treat, Hedgemazia, and pumpkin carving at Loie's bday party last week, and then this week we had the Ivory party, Isla's class party, and actual Halloween! So many fun parties and we surprisingly got out of it all with not that much candy in our systems.  I had two pretty, pretty princesses in my house and we got a special surprise treat on Halloween night when baby Macy came to join the party with Brad and Andrea.  She and Isla matched as they were both Sleeping Beauties.


 Look how cute they all are!?


All the fun halloween decor.

These are my pumpkins I carved this year.  I entered both of them in the Ivory Party carving contest and because only women judged (and there were no rules or criteria) they only picked the cutesy/pinterest pumpkins that had no skill whatsoever. So lame.  Mine were way cooler.



Halloween night was great! Brad and Andrea came over and helped me with the girls while we trick-or-treated around the neighborhood.  Then later, after I tithed the girl's take by 10%,  I sat down and enjoyed some candy and To Kill a Mockingbird.  A very enjoyable night.


Anyways, this Halloween has been a great season and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, although it would be been a lot better if Bart had been here.  Too sad, we miss him so much!


1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

Your pumpkin carving skills are amazing! And I lol'ed about your tithing candy- great idea!! :)