Thursday, November 14, 2013

the big 3-0

Yes, I turned 30.  I am officially old.  I have reached the point in my life where I can say I still feel young, but when I'm around young people I see what a big generation gap there really is.  Yikes.  So cliche.  Anyways,  it was a decent birthday given my circumstances.  Better than the last two years but no where near what I had always expected my 30th birthday to be.  My husband and parents were both out of the country so that didn't bode well, but my friends saved the day.  I seriously love our neighborhood.  They are the village that help me take care of our kids.  I had friends take care of the kids almost all day and then my amazing friends from high school took me out to sushi in salt lake at night.  It was a great night and it ended with the house totally cleaned by the babysitter (Bart's cousin Summer).  Also, I made myself a pie.  So that was nice.




Happy Birthday to me.

2 comments:

Kim said...

beautiful at any age!! and "30" is definitely not old!! happy birthday meems!! xo

Allison said...

You're the best Meems! Sorry I wasn't near you to take you TPing or ice blocking. We should go on vaca and rent a golf cart and go 4-wheeling :).

You're very loved Meems. Hope I can see you next month! Xoxo