Saturday, June 08, 2013

Bart's 33rd

Bart turned 33 last week! Yay for birthdays and yay for chill birthdays. (After having kids, I've had some rough ones...) The friday before, Andrea and I surprised Brad and Bart for their birthdays by taking them out to Cheesecake Factory.  It was great to do it a little before Bart's actual birthday because it took the 'pressure' off making a 'middle of the week' birthday a big event.  


We had a relaxing weekend just hanging out, and even on his bday we really just did the little things to make him feel special.



We made him a birthday cookie-cake made out of his favorite cookie (peanut butter cookies with no choc chips), had rubios for dinner, and then he spent the night carving a giant shark head out of styrofoam for the ward's Lehi Days Parade float.  Seriously though, anyone who knows Bart, knows that carving a giant shark in a 10'x4' block of styrofoam is a real birthday treat. ;)


Also, with Instagram so much a part of our lives now, Bart had shout outs all day including Bart's aunt Joce who posted these gems as a birthday tribute to her nephew, who has been more like a little brother than anything over the years. Pure gems.




He looks so much like Loie in these pics!! I guess she's not all Holt...

Happy Birthday my love!! I'll be joining you in the 30's in a mere half-year... Yikes, we're getting old.



1 comment:

laurel said...

That toilet pic is so loie!!