Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A really great dad and really cute kids

First off, I just wanted to wish a happy Father's Day to our awesome dad and husband! We love you and are constantly in awe of your creativity and perseverance.  Look at this sweet shark he carved for our ward float for the Lehi Day's Parade!  Its going to be amazing.



Secondly, I wanted to skim over some of the fun things I've been able to do recently with the girls.

We went to a traveling carnival that Isla now calls, 'the circus'.  There was no changing her mind with that one.  I guess that means someday I will have to take her to an actual circus.

We've had many pool days already and gotten lots of sun.  Look at Loie's freckles! She is just so cute and loves riding the ponies at the Thanksgiving Point Farm.  She says 'nee-ya!' instead of 'neigh' and it's hard not to laugh every time at her enthusiasm.

Going to church. 

We got to meet up with our friends at the splash pad and play place at City Creek.  Candace Wheeler and Ellis were in town to visit family, (sadly Jordan wasn't able to come out and play) and so we met up with her and Laura and Katie to have the kids play together and to catch up.  Ethan and Ellis look just like Bret and Jordan.  It's the cutest thing ever.

Well, cutest thing ever... besides my own kids of course.  I mean, look at Loie's smile.

Hugs!!

Thirdly,  I have started a long-term, no pressure, scraps quilt using the old English Paper Piecing hand-sewing method.  I'm using 1" hexagons and will need almost 3,000 hexagons to finish a double-sized quilt.  We'll see how that goes.  It may take years, and I may have to scale back to a twin size that only needs 2,300 hexies.  Haha.  Yah, a long-term project.

Fourthly,  I've been training for my half and have had no problems until now.  My IT band is really acting up and I have been limping for a couple days.  I actually have to take a week - 2 week break to recover and then start running again and hopefully I will be able to still do the race.  I mean, I'm going to try to do it regardless, so hopefully I don't kill myself and end up walking/limping half of it.  The key is to rest it up, do TONS of stretching and strength training, and then take it slow to get back up to it.  I have a month left, so hopefully I can get it back to where I need it to be.  We'll see.


So far it's a great summer!! So glad it's only mid-June and we still have 2 1/2 more months!

No comments: