Monday, February 04, 2013

best igloo in town

So, it might not be the only igloo in town, but it is definitely the best! It's basically professionally made. For reals.

Bart has been waiting for good snow like we had last week for pretty much 3 whole winters to make this igloo.  3 christmas's ago we got this sweet igloo maker called the 'Ice Box' from my parent's and ever since then Bart has been itching for the chance to use it.  You have to have a lot of snow, it needs to be pretty dry and pretty fresh.  That mushy stuff won't work, so we really haven't been able to attempt it for a few seasons now because we've had such lame 'snow' winters.  But conditions were perfect last week and now we have something to show for it!

We found it's at least a 3 person job.  I was there for moral support and to take care of the kids.  (BTW - that is not be in the pic above.  I was the one taking the pic from inside.)

The girls are LOVING playing in it.  I mean, who wouldn't?

The days after building it were very warm, so the igloo started shrinking, but stayed dry inside because of the thick insulating walls.  The girls just loved it because it was still 'little person' sized, despite the shrinkage.



Can't wait for the next snow storm!! (Never thought I'd say that.)

No comments: