Wednesday, December 12, 2012

business lately

Sorry I've been MIA so much lately.  I've been trying to grow my Etsy shop and for the first time, it's actually picking up speed.  This is new to me and I have to admit my mind is so full of stuff I'm having a hard time keeping anything straight.   It's a lot of emails back and forth, debits and credits, printers and shipping, sewing, stuffing, don't forget to make that edit, save, save as, jpegs and pdfs.  Oh and mom, mom, momma, momma, mom, in the background.  Of course, then there's the inner 'I'm a horrible mom, why did I take all this on?, there's no time in the day for everything!'  Needless to say, it's a lot of stuff crammed into my head and I feel like I can barely hold a thought for longer than 2 minutes.

On the positive side, I really am loving this.  I am having so much fun designing, creating, and doing the hobbies that make me happy.  I'm lucky.  I'm blessed and I know I have to just let the guilt go, try to find balance, and enjoy it while it lasts.  (Mostly because card design is very seasonal and i'm sure in a matter of days it will die down.)

One really cool thing I am excited about is that I was asked to be a sort of guest graphic designer for Kara's Party Ideas.  If you haven't seen this blog, check it out because it is the best place to get ideas for parties and decorations.  The commitment is only every so often, but it's really exciting for me because it takes me one step further past amateur designer.  My first designs are party printables for a Harry Potter themed party and should be available on the site in a few months.  The most exciting part is that this themed party is going to be featured (along with my designs!) in April's issue for Parenting Magazine!!  How awesome!! Yay!

Anyway, I thought I would just vent and gush at the same time.  Put it all down on paper before I forget it all...


4 comments:

Miss Mary said...

wow, that is amazing Meems! So proud of you! You really are so talented, so I am not totally surprised that other people see it too :) I LOVED your card this year--soooo pretty and the pic of your family is just adorable. What a sweet family you have. Love you and miss you!

Mindy said...

That is awesome!!

Sophia said...

Oh my uh-mazing!! Meems! I could not be more excited for you!!!

Sophia said...

Oh my uh-mazing!! Meems! I could not be more excited for you!!!