Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sandy Eggo

(Bart thought I was really funny with that one...)

Ahhhhh San Diego.  Okay, actually not really San Diego, not even Del Mar.  We stayed at a beach-front condo in Solana Beach just a stones-throw north of Del Mar.  In fact, in walking distant from the Del Mar racetrack.  What a fun week. Of course, no vacation can be perfect; Loie did get sick halfway through, but at least she behaved well for our babysitter (Grandma Kim) on Thursday so we could go to the Temple with Price.  Seriously though, such a fun time walking the 133 steps to the beach everyday, hanging out with fam and playing in the sand and waves. Everything was so relaxing and lovely.  So scenic, so picturesque.  Of course I hardly took any pictures at all, mostly because I'm petrified of sand getting in my phone or camera, and also because I was having way too much fun.

The Lo-dogger surfing.

The view from our balcony.  It was breath-taking, divine, calming, hypnotic, what other words can I use to describe it?  Perfect?

Bird chasing in the morning.  Please note the outstretched claw as she runs to catch the seagull.

Swamis for breakfast.  Yum!!!!

There is an adorable design district/street there with my new, absolutely favorite shop ever, Solo, that I wish I could have spent a million dollars in and an entire day walking through.  

We spent an afternoon at the races, which is always a good time, especially if you win something!  

We rounded out the trip with a stop on the way home at the Scipio petting zoo/gas station/rest stop.  It's a pretty ghetto place with beat animals, but Isla loved every minute of it. 


Man, what a good time.  I know everyone always needs a good vacation, but seriously, I needed a good vacation! 

1 comment:

Kim said...

nice that you guys had a little getaway! love that isla was sea gull chasing and loie looks like a natural on that surfboard! love grandma kim xo