Friday, February 17, 2012

Sickies


So, yah, this winter sucks.  This picture pretty much sums up what we've been dealing with over the past two months.  We've had more doctors visits than I can count.  The doctor actually knows us so well, he even knows Gigi's name.  That's not a good sign when your doc knows your toddler's stuffed animal's name.  Loie has had 3 ear infections, two rounds of amoxicillin, and has been gnawing on our fingers so hard I feel like she must be teething, (although the doctor assures me she's not).  Isla has gotten sick 3 times from going to nursery, one round of amoxicillin, one sinus infection, and now currently has just broke through a bad fever that lasted a day and a half, has pink eye, and is passed out on our couch exhausted from throwing up all morning.  All is NOT well in our house right now.  Bart got a wicked sinus infection a couple weeks back (from Isla) and I have miraculously not gotten anything worse than a few sore throats and overall exhaustion.  (Okay and some PPD has popped up here and there during the worst low points).  What makes matters worse is we even had to cancel our post-valentines day, much needed, romantic, delicious, date to Ruth's Chris yesterday because of everything.  Heart-breaking!

Yikes.  Lessons learned:
1) DON'T have babies in the winter.
2) DON'T let your toddler attend nursery in the winter.  All three times she has gotten sick (and subsequently gotten Loie sick) it's been because of nursery.  No lie.  I want to kill whatever mom brings their sick kids to her class.
3) Crafting & sewing takes the edge off cabin fever.  It's the only thing keeping me from going insane.  That and Grey's Anatomy reruns on Lifetime.

Well, since we've been quarantined in our house all winter, and will continue to do so until the spring, I am sorry I won't be seeing any of you for a while.  Stop by and say hi if you dare.

4 comments:

Miss Mary said...

So sorry Meems! That sounds awful. Your poor babes :(

Glad you are making the best of it with your crafts. Show us what you have been making!

Jenna and Jeff said...

So sorry. And I'm not sure why I am laughing because it isn't funny!
Love that the Dr. knows Gigi's name

Rain in My Head said...

So awful! And it's so annoying when you have more than one kid and you just know that means it's about to take 2-3 weeks out of your sched. Vitamins A/D (cod liver oil chewables for the toddlers, you can swallow or eat a spoonful - I prefer pills) plus zinc (you can crush up and put in applesauce to give to I). Eat it everyday - should help with getting sick. And then because I grew up the daughter of a CA health nut :), rub organic peppermint essential oil or thieves oil on the bottoms of everyone's feet every other day or so. Hope next winter is better than this one!!! Your girls are so darn cute!! xoxo, Mary

daniel and katie said...

so sad for you and your adorable girls! ill come down soon!