Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Postpartum update

Well, I have a 3 week old as of tomorrow.  Can you believe it?  These past three weeks have been a blur of no sleep, tears, and lots of visitors.  I'll freely admit it's been a lot harder this time around with a toddler in the house.  The first day of no tears was actually Monday, so right now I'm feeling a lot better.  It's just those dang hormones! What we women have to deal with to have children is just ridiculous.  At least we are blessed with the ability to forget, or else we'd never do it again.

So first off, as of last Tuesday, the 8th, I am officially 28 years old.  My birthday was ushered in with Isla getting sick with the stomach flu and throwing up all night long.  So whereas I normally was getting about 2 - 2 hour sleep periods a night, that night I got none whatsoever.  Needless to say, I was a complete zombie/basket case on the day of my birth.  My darling husband got me a cake with candles, so at night I got to at least feel somewhat older.  Of course my wish was, "I hope Isla doesn't throw up anymore or get Loie sick."

I have also had the worst post-pregnancy brain.  By that I mean, I'm completely useless when trying to hold a conversation or string thoughts together.  When we took Loie to her two week check-up, the nurse asked me how long she was at birth and I literally didn't know what she was talking about.  It didn't compute at all and I just said, "I don't know."  My mother-in-law had to chime in with 20 inches, but seriously, I completely spaced out. Classic.

Anywayzzz,  other than my anti-climactic birthday, the lack of sleep, and my teething/sick/whiney/jealous 2 year old, I'm doing well now.  I swear.  ;)  I have the cutest little sweetheart in my arms and I just love her to pieces.  We'll get through this stage one day at a time, right?

1 comment:

Kim said...

this to shall pass :-) love you!! xo