Other alternatives for this post:
Worst Month Ever
Sick Hot Mess
Winter Sucks
I Hate the Flu
Zoloft Ball
Couch, Bed, Couch
Worst 1st Trimester Ever...
That's right. As I can assume you can deduce from the actual title, we are pregnant again!! I decided on italian, a language no one in our family speaks, but because it has been the one beacon of hope that has kept me alive and putting one foot in front of the other for the past 7 weeks. In two weeks we go to Italy for 10 days and I cannot wait at all. I mean, not only am I sooooo sick of being sick from the multiple colds this family has been cycling through over the past month and a half, but Utah is driving me insane. I mean, I need better weather. I need dry green grass to play on. I need to not have to wear a heavy jacket outside and worry about Isla's sick lungs. Really, this has been a long winter. (I say this every year, I know, but I still mean it just the same.)
I'm 12 weeks along and while I don't throw up in my pregnancies, I do get very 'indisposed' as Jane Austin would say. I say Zoloft Ball above, because the depression (without sadness) gets really bad to where I can barely think I am so out of it. The exhaustion was unbelievable this time around. So bad as to where I am literally in bed sleeping at any spare moment I have (upwards of 16 hours a day). I didn't have nausea with Isla that bad, but this time around, it's been awful. The best way to explain is I felt like you do the day after the stomach flu, where you've been up all night... And that next day, you're so tired, nauseous, and sick feeling that all you can do is sip ginger ale and nibble saltines just to stave off the nausea.
Of course, I've been getting gradually better over the last two weeks but then we've been hit with flu after cold after nastiness over and over again that I don't necessarily feel better. (You might be wondering where Isla is in all of this? Oh, yah, you guessed right, being raised by our TV, watching Tangled over and over all day long.)
Now do you see why I can't wait to get out of here and go to sunny Italy??? (besides the obvious fact that - it's Italy!)
Hopefully I will write again soon. Maybe even get out and take some pictures worth posting. Everyday it gets a little bit better but we're not quite there yet. I just hope my second trimester with this baby is a good as it was with Isla's. Then I might be back to normal just in time for spring!
16 comments:
wow, meems!!! I am so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!
This is so exciting! I too, HATE the first trimester. Congratulations on almost being over the sickness. :)
Congrats! So happy for you guys!
(this was Megan by the way!)
Congrats!! so excited for you guys. Have so much fun in Italy.
Congrats meriel!!!! So excited for you... And hopefully the sickness will end soon!
Congratulations, how exciting! Have a great time in Italy and call us when you get back! (this is laura by the way)
Congratulations!!! That is such great news. (:
yay finally the gag order is over!! we are so excited for baby frandsen number two!! love you guys! xxxooo
Congrats Meems!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!!!! Have a fabulous time in Italy!!
Meriel, congratulations! What a fun surprise! I hope that your sickness goes away so you'll be able to eat a lot of delicious food in Italy!
We are excited for you and Bart. Love You
G & G Young
oh,my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe you are pregnant. Congratulation! i miss you guys! hope we can see you soon. please call us if you are in cali.
oh,my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe you are pregnant. Congratulation! i miss you guys! hope we can see you soon. please call us if you are in cali.
I have known for a while but am finally making it around to comment... CONGRATS! Best of luck with the remainder of the death pit sickness (hopefully it will be over soon!!) and remember, you will feel like yourself again someday maybe just not today :) We are so happy for you guys.
PS . So. Jealous. About. ITALY!
I've been out of the blog world for the past month so I just saw this. Congrats! I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment