Thursday, October 24, 2013

let the games begin!

The Halloween season has officially started! We have been filling our days to the brim since Bart left in the hopes that 'time flies when you're having fun', right?  Not so much.  It mostly feels like I'm just exhausted from doing twice as much stuff than usual.  But the weather has been great and we've been able to do some pretty fun things.

We went to the Big Red Barn with my mom and grandma.  We waited for probably 45 min for 2 dozen apple cider donuts.  Of course it was 100% worth the wait which is why I'm okay with it.  They do such a good job with their pumpkin patch and wagon ride.  I love it because they don't charge you an arm and a leg to go and enjoy it all.  They have free slides and a maze, and now even these cool pedal carts with a little track that Isla had so much fun on.  The patch is legit, and full of amazing pumpkins that haven't been picked over.  I got a pretty rad green and orange one that I plan on carving for our neighborhood halloween party.



How cute are they in their adorable fall jackets?!


I love these moments when they are vegging at night in front a movie so I can get stuff done.  It's the most pleasant time of my day.  Well, except those hours after bedtime.  Those are pretty much the best. (This particular concerned moment was while they were watching the scary Ursula scene at the end of The Little Mermaid.  It's serious business.)

Last monday my parents had their second annual Holt Hedgemazia party at their house.  The hedges are actually so tall now you can't even see over them now! How awesome is my mom? Krispy Kremes, hot cider, and hot chocolate.  Yes, please.
The first costume party was our ward's Trunk or Treat on Tuesday.  It was Loie's first time really trick-or-treating, so that was adorable.  I mean, she went trick or treating last year with Isla but she wasn't walking and pretty much stayed in the stroller the whole time.  It's amazing how instinctively these kids know to approach strangers and take candy out of a bucket no questions asked.


We have a zillion kids in our ward.


Buddies - Isla and Lucy.

Our best neighbor buds, Aden and Ellie.  Best ghostbusters ever.

And lastly, we've put up decorations and I got this amazing pumpkin tree at Trader Joe's last night that are THEE most adorable things I've ever seen.

I've got a big weekend coming up so I'll post again the rest of our halloween (and birthday!!) activities in a few days!

No comments: