Monday, March 18, 2013

i think they call it yogging...

So, I always tell myself that in the off-years of having kids I will get back into running to help lose the rest of the baby weight and get back into shape.  Especially so that I will be in better shape for the next pregnancy, etc., etc.

I usually do start running again, and it usually helps me get back into shape, but never in the way that I am doing it now.  Granted I haven't finished losing the weight yet, but I am on track and so much more serious about the distance and amount of running than any time before.  I used to try to make it to a 5k. That was my goal.  But I was inspired this year by my brother-and-sister-in-laws' amazing lifestyle change and weight loss they underwent.  They calorie-counted like it was nobody's business and have lost upwards of 180 combined.  That's amazing.  Andrea's work-out of choice was Zumba.  Haha, I've never done it and it intimidates the heck out of me.  Brad's was and still is running.  He's a running machine and I told myself that I wanted to be like that too.  So when he said he was going to do a half marathon this summer, I was like, yes. Let's do it.  Sign me up.

With that said, I am training a lot.  Since I always feel like I'm starting from scratch, it takes me a long time to build up my distance in a safe way.  I've been running for about 3 months now and I'm at 4 miles.  I'm hoping that once I actually start my half training that I'll be able to pick that up a little faster and really be ready to kill it this summer.  This is huge for me.  I already feel soooo much healthier, so much more fit, less lazy, less of an appetite.  Overall it's slowly changing my body chemistry and I love it.  I still haven't experienced the runners high, but I'm loving how it makes me feel so far and it is getting easier.

Wish me luck over the next few months!

1 comment:

Rachel U said...

you gotta do jillian michaels workouts on youtube!!!!! you were sick when i asked you to do them in utah so you weren't able to see how awesome they are!!! i know you've done shred, but her others are so great too. so proud of your running!!! i could never do that. can't even do a mile hahaha